Your birth experience is an important event that you will remember all of your life. Experience the support of our caring and compassionate doulas before, during, and after your labor and birth. Our exceptional doula team is professionally trained and experienced to provide you with informational, emotional and physical support.
A doula supports you in the following ways:
- Recognizes that your birth experience is an important event that you will remember all of your life.
- Provides emotional support for you before, during, and after your labor and birth.
- Understands the many choices you have and can help you write a birth plan or a list of your preferences in giving birth and welcoming your baby.
- Provides and suggests physical comfort measures that your partner can give during labor and birth, such as light touch massage, breathing patterns, and position changes.
- Gives you an objective view of your labor. A doula has the experience of many labors and can help you understand how your labor is progressing.
- Knows what to do during long or difficult labors. She can give many suggestions to increase your comfort level as well as help your labor progress.
- Helps you and your partner communicate with your caregivers.
- Gives you one-on-one attention. Her role is to “be there for you” and help you have the best possible birthing experience.
- Helps you and your partner get off to a great start as new parents.
“Mari recently attended the birth of my precious daughter. As a first time Mom my husband and I (and everyone else) expected an average labor with our goal of an all natural birth at the North Shore Birth Center. But as labor sometimes goes it was not as expected. My labor ended in the beautiful water birth of my daughter only 90 minutes after meeting Mari at the birth center. Although it wasn’t a long labour for Mari to help me cope with I do attribute my quick and easy labor to trust I had in my midwives, doula, and husband. Mari was wonderful before during and even after my delivery. We had a difficult start with breast feeding and after contacting Mari about she helped us network with the right people and helped get us on the right track. Baby and I are now happily breast feeding and bonding strongly from it. I highly recommend Mari for all Mama’s.”
“Are You Looking for A Doula Who is The Most Down to Earth, Well Educated & Devoted Person??? Look no more Mari is for you!!!!! I met Mari at a baby expo when I was just a few months pregnant. I instantly hit it off with her and went home to my husband and said ‘I can’t have this baby without Mari’. This was all new to us as we both never heard of a Doula before. She came to our house to meet with me and my husband and I am so glad she did. The next day the paperwork was signed! It was the best decision I have ever made. She came and did an in-house education class which was truly amazing, the one on one was just what we needed. It was much more comfortable where we could really ask questions geared to my pregnancy and learn about what was in store for us ahead. Leading up to the pregnancy she was always available by phone & email whenever I had a question, concern or even just was having one of those days. She even visited a few weeks after the baby was born to check in to see how we were doing. When the date was arriving she came and visited to prep us for what was about to happen. A miracle I call it! It truly was. The day I went into the hospital Mari was there from the very beginning until we were wheeled away to postpartum. Between her coaching my husband, setting the room up with candles, spraying lavender spray & massaging my feet it was quit the experience. The new love of my life was born. I already told Mari I will be planning our next baby around her schedule!”
“As a woman in my forties, bearing my first child, I could vividly recollect a plethora of nightmarish stories of my friend’s childbirths. I truly believed that many of these horrific experiences could have been prevented with a little knowledge and an experienced advocate for the mother. I instantly felt reassured when I first met Mari – and I was not wrong. Mari’s primary objective was aligned with mine – ensuring that I had the best delivery possible. She takes the time to listen and understand your choices and preferences, she is supportive in any and all decisions, leaving her own biases aside. I knew I wanted to deliver as naturally as possible, but I also understood that deliveries don’t always follow one’s ideal birth plan. In any case, I wanted to be in control of the decision making process in the delivery room. With that said, Mari was always on my side, offering support, reassuring me in my choices, and assisting in relaying my wishes to the multitude of nurses I met during my delivery period. Mari created an atmosphere of genuine warmth, caring and well-being. She is skilled and knowledgeable in all aspects of the delivery process. I am happy to say that I had the best delivery possible, with special thanks to Mari! Post-partum, Mari continued to provide comfort and support. I highly recommend Mari as a doula!”